Students who meet the requirements will be accepted into the Graduate Program, conditional upon their successful completion of the requirements for their undergraduate degree, 18 hours in social science, and the required core undergraduate courses (Evolution of Social Thought, Research Methods, and Statistics).
Students will be allowed to take only 15 hours of graduate credit before they have completed their baccalaureate degree. They must maintain an undergraduate GPA of at least 2.7 in order to remain in the program. Students' undergraduate GPA must be at least 3.0 when they graduate.
Students may count only six hours for both undergraduate and graduate degrees.
Criteria for Acceptance
- Completion of at least 75 undergraduate credit hours (although it is expected that close to 90 credit hours will have been earned by the time the first graduate course is taken)
- Minimum 3.2 overall undergraduate GPA
- Minimum 3.5 GPA in SOCY courses
- Acceptable scores on the appropriate graduate standardized test (e.g., GRE)
- GRE scores are waived for students with a minimum 3.5 GPA in core undergraduate SOCY courses (SOCY Theory, SOCY Research Methods, and SOCY Quantitative Analysis)
- Submit application online at mygradschool.uncc.edu and provide supporting documents
- Recommendation by the Department of Sociology and approved by the Graduate School
For more information about specific courses and the Early Entry, please contact Dr. Fitzgerald.