Sociology Graduate Course Planning: Graduate Course Planning.
Proposal for Sociology Tutorial Form: To propose a tutorial topic.
Master’s Thesis Graduation Checklist Spring 2017: The checklist will be updated each semester. Make sure you have the current version.
Thesis or Research Practicum Hours Approval: To register for Thesis (SOCY 6996) or Research Practicum (SOCY 6897).
Final Defense Report: To report completion of thesis or research practicum.
Student Learning Outcomes Rubric: To handout to your committee while defending your thesis.
Suspension Appeal Form: To appeal suspension from the Graduate School at UNC Charlotte.
Apply for Graduation
All students (doctoral, master’s, certificate) must apply for graduation by the published deadline in the final term. Students who fail to apply for graduation by the published deadline will not be evaluated for graduation and will be ineligible to participate in the commencement ceremony.
How do I submit the ‘Online Graduation Application’?
- Log into my.uncc.edu.
- Under Academic Resources, select ‘Student Records’.
- Under ‘Student Records’, select ‘Online Graduation Application’.
- Click "Continue" if this is the first time a graduation application has been submitted or "Create a New Application" if one has been submitted previously.
- After all sections are complete, click the "Submit" button.
Quick list of documents that you will need for graduation:
- Master’s Thesis Graduation Checklist Spring 2017
- Appointment of Master’s Thesis Committee
- Proposal Defense Report
- Final Defense Report
Residency for Tuition Application: The NC Residency for Tuition Purposes application is located on the Residency Determination Office webpage. This application is used to request a review of your residency classification.
Research Projects involving Human Subjects (IRB): Guidelines and forms to assist graduate students and faculty in IRB review/approval process for research projects involving human subjects are available on the Human Subjects in Research website.
- The Sociology M.A. Handbook
- Graduate School
- American Sociological Association
- "As the national organization for sociologists, the American Sociological Association, through its Executive Office, is well positioned to provide a unique set of services to its members and to promote the vitality, visibility, and diversity of the discipline. Working at the national and international levels, the Association aims to articulate policy and implement programs likely to have the broadest possible impact for sociology now and in the future."
- Southern Sociological Society
- "Established in 1935, the Southern Sociological Society is a society of professionals that promotes the development of sociology as a profession and scientific discipline by the maintenance of high academic professional and ethical standards, and by encouraging effective teaching of sociology, valid and reliable methods and research in the study of human society, diffusion of sociological knowledge and its application to societal problems, cooperation with related disciplines and groups, recruitment and training of sociologists, and development of sociology programs in educational and other agencies."
- The North Carolina Sociological Association
- "The North Carolina Sociological Association is open to all practicing sociologists (whether in academic, government or applied settings) as well as to all student sociologists, graduate or undergraduate. Members receive Sociation Today the Bulletin of the NCSA, once a year in hard copy and twice a year on the WWW, and are invited to attend the annual meeting of the association in the spring."
- U.S. Census Bureau
- Census records for the United States.
- For more information on our Doctoral Programs in Public Policy.
- For more information on our Doctoral Program in Organizational Science visit
Both Programs(Public Policy and Organizational Science) provide sociology students with unique interdisciplinary opportunity for doctoral study at UNC Charlotte.